I don't think I've ever explained the name of my journal.
A few summers ago, my dearest friend Nova and I had a new found interest in anagrams. One of hers is Nova Rice, or Rave Icon. None of mine were terribly exciting or amusing until we came across RNA BED. Nova and I couldn't ignore the reference to RNA, you know, the stuff that makes DNA. RNA is where it all began, hence the name The Origin of Life.
Yes, I realise that Nova and I are complete nerds and dorks, but thats okay with us!
Speaking of us being nerds and dorks....
Vero came over this past friday for a round of ZOMBIES!!! (which is just about the best board game to ever exist), but before we got down to playing, we ate some pizza, watched the simpsons. It was after dinnah that I decided to hand her a lil' gift -- a pipe and bottle of bubbles. Vero and I have always thought it'd be cool to have a pipe that blew bubbles since neither one of us smokes (except for my short stint of smoking while at ucla. sigh). Well, we sat around blowing bubbles out of our pipes and Brian joined in on the fun blowing bubbles from a chicken his grandparents sent him. We couldn't believe how amusing it was to watch the cats completely freak at the sight of bubbles! The best part was watching Kara jump backwards when a bubble popped on her nose. Ah.
Good times man. It's only with someone like Veronica that I wouldn't feel like a complete loser spending my Friday night eating pizza, blowing bubbles and playing boardgames, followed with some Pete and Pete watching.
Anagrams and nicknames like the Origin of Life don't seem out of place in a friendship among geeks like us and that's just the way I like it.
Monday, April 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment