Saturday, October 07, 2006

Meh.

I'm about --->this <------ close to going home.

I've already talked to my dad about it, who says whenever i want and am ready, i'm more than welcomed back at home. And huerito can join me too. "we may only have frijoles, but it's your home."

And i can't point to one thing here that makes me feel like shit because in reality it's a combination of a lot of things. All of which, i'm sure will get better with time, if i allow it.

I'm just not happy. At least before I felt that school was the only thing that was going well out here, but to be honest, I don't feel that way anymore. My classes aren't difficult. It's the opposite. There's almost no challenge involved thus far. Lectures are mediocre at best. The discussions on the text are superficial, with only reading a handful of pages from a much longer text, and usually reading less than I read of the text as an undergraduate. I don't know if I just got two bad classes, or if the whole program will feel this way.

I guess I should quit bitching and get to work. I have to read one novel, one excerpt, and write three pages tonight. Tomorrow: Finish the book, and write another 3 pages. Then Monday I have 2 pages to write and i won't have to stress about the paper being due thursday. Yeah, am i being responsible? I guess so. Crazy.

No comments: