Thursday, July 12, 2007

busy

It's been hard trying to find the time to sit down and write something on this blog. Since I started working a couple of weeks ago, I find that really I'm only home to sleep 4 or so hours a night and that's it. I wake up around 7, leave for work an hour later, spend 8 hours in my glorified cubicle and then usually spend the evening over with Joel, and then trek back to my parents house to get a few hours of sleep. Usually. Except, the past couple of nights, I just stayed over there.

I feel like slowly moving my things over. The cubby he cleared out for me is quickly filling up. It's kind of cute the way the other 20 some odd cubbys in his closet are filled with records, books, cds, and boy clothes (usually dark colored with a hint of something bright sprinkled throughout) and then there's my cubby, filled with girlie colored underwear, grey short shorts, a few tshirts, and toiletries to survive an unexpected sleep over. This is new. and I like it.

But it's strange..that the house I grew up in, doesn't feel like home anymore. Home is in Joel's arms, when we're walking around the neighborhood holding hands. When we sit in the backyard smoking, or playing with the dog. When we're on the bus or the train. Home is sitting on the couch talking about linguistics, or having him make music on my body. Home is losing myself in his blue eyes.

And really...how am i ever suppose to feel at home somewhere else when Joelee writes (and tells me) stuff like this:
you, and the possibilities of what we could be together are everything i've ever dreamed about, and i never want to wake up.
or...
soonish embodies the sails to my ship that catches the wind that guides me home.

I'm dying to gush about soonish. Dying. Hopefully sometime soon i can gush my little heart out. :)

No comments: