It's weird how different this holiday season feels compared to last year. Things are drastically different, but I don't miss the things that made last years christmas seem movie-like. I won't like. It's nice having family parties, gift exchanges, home made cookies and all that. But it's very relieving not having to worry about the stress of a family around the holidays. For the most part at least.
It's almost christmas and the only hint to it is the white christmas tree sitting in the apartment, hidden by boxes and complete bare of ornaments, thanks to Zissou who has transformed the tree into his very own cat tree.
I managed to spill about the gifts I got Joel,a nd I know what he got me. I mean, i did have to try on my camper shoes! hehe.
But what we're most excited about is the trip to Mexico City later this week! While there is a lot about this weddig that I'm not looking forward to (wearing a dress that I've never seen, nor tried on!!), it doesn't out weigh my excitement to travel and escape rhode island for a bit, or even better, meeting my grandpa for the first time!
On top of the excitement for the trip is our return home. There are no concrete plans, but once we get back from Mexico City, we're going to start the planning and should hopefully find ourselves back in LA by the end of the month. That's incredibly exciting! no snow! And real mexican food! Well, hopefully it'll all work out.
So, things are good. Really good. Christmas might not be a 'traditional' one, but really, what is? I'm still going to wrap the gifts I bought Joel, and think of some yummy meal to cook for Christmas Eve. It's going to be nice. :)
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment